Some facts about the desert iguana
(1) Description: the desert is iguana (Dipsosaurus Dorsalis) 10, 16 cm long, if grown out. It has a large, round body with a long tail. In fact is the tail of the desert iguana is longer than the body. Described as "Blunt-tip", desert iguanas have very different coloring. The head of the desert iguana is coloured Brown. This coloration diffuses into reddish brown pattern, the as looked like a network could be described.
The desert iguana has gray spots on the body and neck. Desert iguanas have also dark spots on its white or grey tail. A number of dorsal scales the desert iguana is located in the middle of the back.
(2) Habitat - as gleamed from the common names can be, lives the desert iguana in dry desert areas. Desert iguanas are often in the Sonoran and Mojave deserts founding in the southwestern of United States found. They are located in the Northwest of Mexico and some islands in the Gulf of California. In the southern part of its Habitat, the desert iguana usually in arid subtropical areas and deciduous Woods lives.
These animals usually around the area of the creosote Bush can be found in the desert. Desert iguana of the creosote Bush uses for shelter and food. There are also several cases of desert iguanas in the abandoned camps of kangaroo rats.
They are hardy animals, often actively, even if other lizards have already withdrawn from the heat. They are also inclined to dig into the ground in the vicinity of creosote bushes.
(3) Food – desert iguanas are primarily herbivores. This means that they tend to eat plant material. You will be eating, Bud, leaves and fruits of many species of annual or perennial plants that are found in their habitats. You are attracted in particular the yellow flowers of the creosote plant.
(4) Conduct - as I said, desert iguanas also over heat remain active. However, if the heat proves too much, a desert iguana shrubs climbs to find cooler temperatures. They are very fast and they can often seen crossing roads just before an oncoming car. When a desert iguana at these speeds, it often two legs, etc. It folds its front legs close to his body and uses its powerful hind legs to propel it forward.
(5) Natural enemies such as other animals, desert iguanas have natural enemies. In fact, even before they hatch, there area many animals would eat the iguana eggs. A mature desert iguana has various birds of prey as its natural enemy.
Other common predators of the desert iguana are small animals such as rats, weasels, foxes and snakes. It is also a common enemy of the iguana. Many a desert iguana has victims to the automobile. These desert iguanas are you now termed "Roadkill", by people who drive these machines carelessly and without regard for the life of small animals.
These are just a few facts about desert iguanas. As you can see, there are many things about it, people need to know. I hope these facts have opened your eyes and have you shown that desert iguanas of much more than just stupid medium sized lizards. You will learn everything that you about desert iguanas can, you will soon know able fully to appreciate its beauty.